Zip is the most widely used compression format; nevertheless, in addition to the many well-known benefits, it can also cause corruption and errors in the data it stores. The most frequent users, unfortunately, are clueless about how to repair the broken Zip file. Therefore, let's get down to business and discuss how to fix a damaged Zip file.
Why has my zip file become corrupt?
A ZIP file can get corrupted for a variety of causes, including the following:
● Attack by malicious software or viruses
● Interrupting the process of transferring files using Zip
● Unreliable internet connection while attempting to download the ZIP file from the internet.
● Disk storage device with bad sectors (Bad sectors are unresponsive storage sectors on a hard drive)
The solution will be the same if your Zip file becomes corrupted for any reason. Let's get started learning how to extract files from a Zip archive without further ado.
How to Restore a Corrupt Zip File with WinRAR?
One interesting tidbit regarding the repair of Zip files is that WinRAR already comes equipped with the necessary tools to repair corrupted Zip files. Because so many people who use it are unaware of it, they don't use it. Therefore, to fix a corrupt Zip file using WinRAR, please follow the procedures that have been provided.
● Open WinRAR, Tap Ctrl+O. Open the corrupt RAR or Zip file by navigating to the folder in which it is stored.
● You can open the repair program by selecting tools and the Repair archive option or tapping the Alt+R shortcut on your keyboard.
● If the archived file is RAR, the first option in the repair utility should be checked off; however, the second option should be checked off if the archive is Zip. When you are completed, then click the OK button.
● A message indicating that the damaged Zip file has been repaired will appear in the WinRAR repair software once you have waited for the process to finish.
● Only when you see the Done message should you close the repair utility.
Not only does this procedure repair broken Zip files, but it also works on broken RAR files. On the other hand, several internet users have stated that this procedure can only correct minor problems. In addition, the utility of this method is rendered null and void in situations where the corrupted archive file is composed of a single substantial file.
To summarize, WinRAR can only repair minor corruptions in Zip files. Even more significantly, the archive must only include several small files rather than a single large file for this to work. The next challenge is how to repair a Zip or RAR file that has been substantially corrupted. Look at the following paragraph for the results guaranteed to improve a corrupt Zip file.
How to Repair a Corrupt Zip File
After considering all of the relevant details and factors, many industry professionals agree that using a reliable Zip file repair program is the most effective method for repairing any corruption that may have occurred on a Zip file. The most excellent illustration of a helpful Zip repair tool is the Remo Repair Zip.
Remo was designed to operate in a read-only mode to preserve the integrity of the original Zip file. Initially, Remo was developed to extract files from corrupted zip archives and then restore those archives to their original, working state. This read-only feature of Remo guarantees the highest possible level of protection for the original Zip file.
The essential aspect of Remo is that it is supported by the most powerful repair algorithms, which laboriously strive to repair a corrupted Zip file. In addition, you can fix a damaged ZIP file with just three clicks of the mouse. Please make sure to follow the directions that are listed below.
● Download the Remo Repair Zip file, install it, and run the program.
● To find the damaged Zip file, pick "Browse," navigate to the folder where it is stored, and click "Open."
● Select the "repair" option and wait for the process to finish; usually, this takes no more than a few minutes, most of which are determined by the Zip file size.
● After the process is finished, your damaged Zip files will be repaired, and Remo will also offer you a preview window to check to see if all of the files from the damaged Zip files have been extracted.
● Double click on the #Lost Files icon to see a preview of the files that were extracted.
● Once you have verified that all of the contents have been extracted from the Zip file, you can fix the damaged Zip file and save it by clicking on the little arrow button located on the left arrow button.
That concludes all of the several ways to repair corrupted Zip files. In a head-to-head comparison, Remo Repair Zip outperforms WinRAR when it comes to the procedure of repairing files and the capability of fixing severe problems.
If the issue you are experiencing is not a small one or your data is critical, it is strongly recommended that you use Remo Repair Zip rather than WinRAR to repair the damaged Zip file. This is especially true if the error you are experiencing is not a minor one.